Afrimat Limited (“Afrimat” or “Company”) cares for the wellbeing of all staff and recognises its workforce as a meaningful and important contributor towards its core business being the extraction of Aggregate, Sand and Industrial Minerals through: Drilling; Blasting; Excavating; Loading; Hauling; Crushing and Screening operations and the supply of construction materials through: Concrete Manufactured Products and Ready Mixed Concrete.
It is the Company’s policy to use our Health and Safety Management System to do all that is reasonably practical to prevent occupational diseases, personal injury, damage to property and to protect all employees, visitors, contractors, public, interested and affected parties from foreseeable work hazards, insofar as they come into contact with the operations or are exposed to the performance within the Company. We will follow a pro-active and participative approach towards Health & Safety management both within the boundaries of our operations and the integration thereof with surrounding areas. This means that we will endeavour to pro-actively identify and resolve potential Health & Safety risks before they manifest as accidents, incidents or compliance non-conformances.
We shall ensure a healthy and safe working environment to be our primary responsibility. We shall lead our Health & Safety effort by example. We furthermore believe that, in self-interest and for the collective good, every employee should participate in and contribute towards our Health & Safety effort. We will encourage and empower staff in appropriate ways to work together as a team to fulfill this responsibility.
We strive to:
- Integrate Health & Safety management in routine management functions and processes;
- Pro-actively identify and eliminate (or as a last resort, manage) all Occupational Health & Safety related risks in the workplace;
- Comply with all internal Health & Safety standards as well as applicable legislation;
- Inform staff of the hazards and risks associated with their work;
- Provide the training, equipment and support necessary for our employees to mitigate risks and perform safe, healthy and productive work;
- Monitor and report our Health & Safety performance, working towards a goal of zero incidents, through a continuous improvement of our performances and Health & Safety systems; and
- Support industry-related Health & Safety improvement initiatives and share our knowledge of Health & Safety with industry stakeholders.
A copy of this policy will be made available to interested and affected parties on request.
Policy Review: Due to the ever-changing environment in which our business functions it may become necessary to revise our Health & Safety Policy from time to time. Policy review will be conducted every year. (Proposed changes will be circulated to management and employees for input)