Contracting International provides a full package of drilling and blasting solutions for the construction and junior mining industries. It offers blast designs for bulk blasting in quarry and opencast mining and specialised restricted blasting in built-up areas.
- Mobile crushing
- Drilling and blasting
- Bid preparation and contractual services
- Commercial quarries
Using its expertise in fields such as drilling and blasting, load and haul, crushing and readymix concrete processing the division prepares bids for major clients in the construction industry.
The division has established a strong foothold in Africa and operates internationally through a mobile hard rock crushing and screening service.
OPERATIONS AND PRODUCTS
Drilling and blasting services
Afrimat provides a full package of drilling and blasting solutions for the construction and junior mining industries. This includes blast designs for bulk blasting in quarry and opencast mining as well as for specialised and restricted blasting in built-up areas. This division specialises in optimising cost and end results.
The drilling and blasting division operates a modern fleet of Atlas Copco drill rigs and offers a full complement of highly qualified staff. In this regard, access to industry specialists and consultants ensures that the specialised services exceed expectations.
Bid preparation and contractual services
This division is able to devise offers that are professional, contractually responsible and well-packaged.
Contract crushing services
Afrimat operates internationally through a mobile hard rock crushing service. Plants and equipment on offer include the following:
- Tracked mobile crushers;
- Modular semi mobile units for larger projects;
- High specification road materials such as G1 base course and road stone products;
- Primary and secondary reduction for small to mid size mining; and
- Load and haul and stockpile services.
Our team has the expertise to establish readymix operations. For example, recently two readymix plants were established in Mbombela and Lephalale. The division also offers mobile plant production, pumps and technical services. All sales personnel in this division have attended the relevant training courses with the Concrete and Cement Institute of South Africa.
Readymix’s batching system is fully automated and meets the standards set by SABS 878:2012 in order to deliver the highest quality products. Tests are done on request by external accredited service providers.
- All grades of concrete;
- Pumped readymix concrete;
- Readymix mortars and plasters;
- Self-compacting concrete;
- Exposed aggregate concrete; and
- Pigmented coloured concrete (enquire regarding availability).
Afrimat are also experts in the establishment of commercial quarries, including crushing and screening of all products.
Examples of commercially established quarries include:
- Dingwell Quarry (situated between Mbombela and White River)
- Hartebeesfontein Quarry (situated between Bronkhorstspruit and Witbank/Emalahleni)
- Friarsdale Quarry (situated outside Keimoes)
- Kuipersbuilt (situated at Lephalale)